High pole lights refer to the poles with a height of more than 20 meters. Generally speaking, high pole lights exceeding 20 meters will use an automatic lifting system as a high pole lighting facility for large-scale lighting such as urban roads and highways, squares, and ports. There are three types of high-pole lighting facilities: fixed(single or multi-column), lift(electric lift or manual lift), and hydraulic tilting. At present, the more commonly used high-pole lights are electric lift-type high-pole lights. The lift-type high-pole light is composed of a light panel, a lift console, a light pole, a foundation, a power distribution system device, a lightning protection professional system device, and other professional technologies.
High pole light is a special kind of lighting equipment in urban lighting facilities, and it has particularly high requirements for its safety and normal use. For this reason, relevant departments will have relevant standards. High pole lighting facilities are not widely used in our usual urban lighting engineering construction, but the maintenance of high pole lighting cannot be ignored. The safe operation of high pole lights is very necessary, so special attention must be paid to the maintenance of high pole lights in daily use. The product should be regularly maintained in accordance with the relevant provisions of the product manufacturer’s product instruction manual. The main contents of daily maintenance of high pole lights are as follows:
- Check whether the anti-corrosion condition of hot-dip galvanizing and the anti-loosening measures of fasteners of all ferrous metal components (including the inner wall of the light pole) of highpole lighting facilities meet the requirements.
- Check the verticality of the high pole lighting facilities (the theodolite must be used regularly for measurement and testing as required), and the allowable error of the pole point should be less than 3‰ of the pole height. The straightness error of the pole axis shall not be greater than 2‰ of the pole length.
- Check whether there is corrosion on the outer surface of the light pole and the welding seam. For those who have experienced a long service period but cannot be replaced, if necessary, use ultrasonic inspection, magnetic particle inspection and other inspection methods to inspect and test the welding seam.
- Check the mechanical strength of the lamp panel to ensure the safe use of the lamp panel, and check its heat dissipation for the closed lamp panel.
- Check the fastening bolts of the lamp bracket, and reasonably adjust the projection direction of the lamp.
- Carefully check the use of the wires in the lamp panel to see if the wires are subjected to excessive mechanical stress, aging, cracks, exposed wires, etc. If there is any unsafe phenomenon, it should be dealt with immediately.
- Replacing and repairing damaged light source electrical appliances and other components.
- Focus on checking all aspects of the lift drivetrain.
- Check all aspects of power distribution and control equipment.
- Check the electrical safety performance, check the insulation resistance between the power incoming line and the ground.