Sports lighting is a type of lighting used to illuminate large areas of sporting events. Artificial lighting is required when playing after sunset, indoors or in a closed environment. How much do you know about sports lighting?
- Influencing Factors
- Illumination. Different sports require different levels of illumination. Reasonable illumination is not only required to ensure the normal performance of athletes and the accurate judgment of referees, but also to ensure that the audience who signed on the spot and the TV can watch the game comfortably.
- Uniformity of illumination. Take the familiar basketball game as an example. The middle court of a basketball arena usually gathers more lights. However, areas with too much light generally produce glare. The backboard area tends to have weaker lighting. Ensuring the uniformity of lighting throughout the field plays a vital role in the level of performance of athletes.
- In the human visual perception system, various uncomfortable visual effects will be produced. Glare will have a great impact on athletes, such as being unable to accurately determine where the ball will land. In order to ensure uniform illumination at all angles and prevent glare, the elevation angle from the lowest spot of the gymnasium to the lamp must be greater than 45°.
- Light source characteristics. The better the light source with high color rendering can reproduce the color of the object, the closer it is to the natural primary color.
- Illumination requirements. The visual effect is most comfortable when the horizontal and vertical illuminance of the sports field are equal. Even if not equal, the horizontal illuminance should not exceed twice the vertical illuminance.
- Light source and lamp selection
- Light source. Common sports venue activities fall into two categories. One is to require a larger space, such as basketball, volleyball, table tennis, etc. The other category is low space range activities, including fencing, skating, boxing, etc. In order to avoid the influence of glare on athletes, the position of lights should be strictly controlled and baffle plates should be installed for all kinds of monitors.
- Gymnasium lighting sources can choose incandescent lamps, fluorescent lamps, metal halide lamps, high pressure sodium lamps, etc. Today’s sports lighting requires higher color rendering and color temperature to meet the needs of TV broadcasting. At the same time, the light source should ensure the most sufficient light intensity under the premise of the most energy-saving. At present, LED sports lights are widely used as sports lighting sources in the world.
- Lighting control and lighting arrangement
- Lighting control. The lighting of comprehensive sports venues must not only meet the requirements of various sports events, but also be suitable for athletes’ daily training and commercial performances. There should be a lighting control room in the stadium, so that the lighting of the stadium can be observed.
- Lighting arrangement. In the lighting layout plan, the site plan should be analyzed in detail through the computer, and the illumination requirements of different levels of competitions and commercial activities should be met through reasonable stadium lighting arrangements and different lighting modes.
At present, the sports lighting industry is in the stage of rapid growth. In the future, AIKO Lighting will continue to innovate in LED lighting technology and cooperate closely with related sports equipment. To meet the needs of information and intelligence, win more friends recognition.